Have you ever had one of those weekends where you started out thinking you were going to get soooooo much accomplished but you ended up doing almost nothing? That’s pretty much what happened to me last week. Not that it was my fault, mind you. Well, mostly it wasn’t.
I had wanted to paint the floor in our little storage room downstairs at the cabin. I had the paint, I had the time and I had the inclination. The only thing I didn’t have was a roller. I thought I did, but I was wrong. The cabin is pretty remote, so when Fisherman asked me if I wanted him to go pick one up, I said no. That ‘little’ errand would have ended up taking the better part of the day to do, and sometimes you just have to cut your losses.
Talk about cutting losses, I decided to ‘clean up’ my media library and I deleted about 65 photos. Little did I know by doing so they would be deleted from the actual posts. Since most of them were no longer in my photo editing program library, they’re pretty much gone for good. While I do utilize a back up service for my blog and I probably could have restored everything, I didn’t want to hassle with it so instead I deleted about 15 posts. They were old and frankly won’t be missed, but I learned a valuable lesson. If you have a WP blog, did you know you shouldn’t delete photos from your library? Please tell me I’m not the only doofus in blogland.
In spite of all that, the one thing that caused me the most frustration (yes, there’s more) actually was something else. Something that’s been driving me crazy for more years than I care to count, and that’s my Serger. I’ve had one for about 8 years, but it has always, always, always given me problems. I’ve taken it to get repaired and I’m repeatedly informed there is nothing wrong with it, that it’s a good machine, etc. The last time I took it in for service, which was a few months ago, they changed the tension and made sure to tell me that NO MATTER WHAT, don’t ever change the tension. The Serger had been sitting in my craft room for the last few months unused. Not because I didn’t want to use it. I was simply afraid. You read that right. I’m afraid of my Serger. I knew if I tried to use it and it failed me yet again, I would be one step away from jumping off the nearest cliff.
I think you know where this is going. Here’s the bane of my existence:
Here’s what the stitch looked like on a practice piece of fabric:
Now keep in mind it was fine when it left the repair shop. It was serging like a dream. So frustrating!
I really just need to buy a basic Serger. One that is easy to thread and won’t make me cry.
Now on to happier things. When my daughter came home in November she and her fiancé had an engagement shoot. I purchased five of the pictures but I didn’t really have any frames for them and I didn’t want to put them away in an album. I’ve had this bulletin board for years but it really hasn’t been put to good use.
I have some cute gingham ribbon so I decided to remove the existing satin ribbon (it was coming apart anyway) and put that in its place and place it on the wall in the downstairs bedroom. We’ve got a decidedly cowgirl/cowboy theme going on in this space so the ribbon is perfect.
I’m not sure if these pictures will stay on the board. I’m thinking they deserve something a little more sophisticated, but for now I’m happy with it. And besides, it made me feel like I got *something* accomplished last weekend! Geez…