This no sew pillow is so easy and fast, all it takes is one ‘how-to’ picture to show you what to do. In fact, you don’t even need that much.
The other day I went to Michael’s Crafts and they were having a sale on ribbons and one of the ribbons I picked up was a cute blue and white polka dot pattern that I knew would go nicely with some bandanas I had. I already had the thicker ribbon on the left, but not only did I not have enough, but it was a little too thick. This project is easier with thin ribbon since you’re working with a small amount of fabric.
Here’s what you’ll need if you want to make this pillow:
- Two napkins (or dish towels, or anything as long as it has a finished edge).
- Pillow form a little smaller than the napkin. I used a 16″ form and my napkins are 18″.
- Pins (5-6 is plenty)
- Thin ribbon
- Place a napkin over the pillow form, making sure it is centered properly. Pin in place.
- Turn pillow over and repeat on the other side.
- Gather a corner with ribbon and tie securely. Repeat with other three corners.
- You’re done!
Tips for Success
It’s best to use a soft, pliable fabric for this so you can smoosh the corners together properly. You may find the sides don’t lay completely flat on their own, so you can simply tuck one side under the other or if it really bothers you go ahead and stitch the sides to the form with a couple of stitches using a needle and thread. I didn’t do that and you can see it looks fine.
This pillow is best used for low-traffic areas. If you’ve got kids that like to use pillows as weapons, the corners will come apart. Not a big deal since you can just retie the corners, but worth mentioning.