Hello everyone and happy Monday!
For this week, I’m concentrating on solutions to problems most of us have had to deal with at one time or another. Let’s get started…
- Are the chrome hubcaps on your car looking a little sad? Take a piece of aluminum foil with the shiny side facing out and polish your hubcaps. I tried this a few years ago for the first time and now I’m hooked. This really works!
- Got squeaky floorboards? Sprinkle some baby powder on your wood floors and sweep it back and forth working it into the cracks. Sweep away excess. Voila! No more squeaks!
- If your car doesn’t have quite as much room in the garage as you would like, then there probably have been times you’ve accidentally hit the garage wall, possibly giving your car a ding or two. Hang a patch of carpet on the wall in the garage where the door opens, and no more worries.
- Put one of the larger left over pieces of carpet by the door in the garage that leads into your home. This area gets lots of abuse. Your floors will thank you.
Cooking Oil Spray
- Don’t you just hate it when grass builds up on your mower blades? Try spraying the blades of your lawn mower with cooking oil spray. Problem solved.
- Have you ever stored tomato based items in a plastic container, only to find out when you go to clean it, it’s now red? Spritz the inside of plastic containers before storing food containing tomato sauce to resolve this problem.
I’ve been making good use of these for years, and trust me, I have all my teeth 🙂
- Drop a couple of tablets into a slow drain and run some hot water to quickly clear the drain.
- Denture tablets make great jewelry cleaners too. Put a tablet in a glass of water and drop in your jewelry for a few minutes. Rinse and then admire your puurdy bling.
- For an inexpensive alternative to basting brushes, use a new natural bristle paintbrush for basting, buttering and greasing everything from muffin tins to barbecue racks.
Try some of these tips and let me know what you think!